I am doing my 2nd weightlifting meet in 8 weeks. I am a novice at this but this will be my journey for the next 8 weeks. I am 38 Years old, yes I have aches and pains, but I enjoy all different aspects of fitness. Follow me as I post about this journey. This is high volume, so if I find it difficult to maintain with work, family, and my 38 year old body, I will switch to a similar but less volume program! So take a look at today’s workout ! ****This is not my programming, I got this from the catalyst athletics website! It is called Kara’s 9 weeks of Heaven.
- Back Squat – 60%x4, 70%x4, 75% x 4 x 3 (#125, 145, #155)
- Snatch – 60%x4, 70%x4, 75% x 3 x 3 (#80, #95, # 100)
- Clean & Jerk – 60% x (3+1), 70% x (3+1), 75% x (3+1) x 3 (#100, #115, and #120)
- Snatch Deadlift – 85% x 4 x 4 (#115)
- Press – 4 x 5 (#75 x 3 sets and #80 x last set)
My BS felt really weak today even at these light weights. I have patella tendonitis and need to ice my knee more. My snatches felt fairly good today for having not lifted a lot in the last 8 weeks. I really need to improve my technical aspects of my lifts and gain pulling and squat strength. If I gain any or all of these I will be happy:)
I really enjoy lifting but not squatting. Hoping to change that during this journey:)